Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Josh and "The Bride"

The past year i have been thinking a lot about what my next tattoo should be. I have been sketching here and there, all kind of different motives, but one thing i was sure, it had to be Burton inspired. 
 So some months ago i got some burton elements on a USB. and gave them to Josh, i almost didn't have to explain to him what i wanted, he must have some kind of "Mind Reading Powers" or something like that, cause he knew exactly what i was looking for in this Tattoo.
 A lot of people asked me this question and a lot of you are going to ask yourself the same "Why didn't i draw it myself.?" First of all i normally get tired of my own drawings after a while, and a tattoo lasts longer than that :) and second i wanted Joshua to draw it, my idea... but his piece!


Joshua Bojer Mikkelsen is a young artist, but in my eyes already showing a immense talent and getting ready for kicking some ass on the "Ink Art World". It is almost impossible to understand how can someone tattoo like this only after 3 short years of "Ink Career", great lines, amazing understanding of color use, perfect for Cartoon/Comic Tattoo lovers like myself. And talent is not the only thing Josh is filled with, in the many and painful hours we spend together, we had like the most crazy, stupid, but also most deep conversations, nothing better to forget the painful needle than a good "Pocket Philosophy Discussion" :)


I was going to say that i hope to see a lot of his work in the future, but i am going to rephrase myself, "I know i am going to see a lot of Josh work in the future, hopefully some of it on me. This kid is going for the top i know it, and i am happy to have a "Joshua Mikkelsen's Oeuvre d'Art " on my arm, it's like having a Picasso before Picasso was Picasso. ;)
To him i would like to give my thanks for the amazing tattoo, and the many cozy hours of "painful conversation", and to you i want to show a pic of this work of art, and to tell you "GET SOME INK".
PEACE!!


Oh by the way you can find Josh at Black Cat Ink in Aalborg, and soon in his own webpage Inkzombie.dk


No comments:

Post a Comment