Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sketching a skateboarder!!

Two days ago I went for a walk with my girlfriend trough Aalborg. When we came close to "Nordkraft", I saw that a little half pipe was build there. I always get excited when i see some kind of "underground culture" being mixed and accepted by the ones we could call "Normal People" :D
 I couldn't do anything else but stop and look at these kids riding the pipe smooth like it was the easiest thing to do, and like there was nothing called gravity rules . When i was a kid i sort of hated sport, but that was mostly because sport in my little town was football, and that's it. We never had the chance to try a skatepark, or any other sport. I know that the kids in my little town in Portugal are trying to convince the people in charge, to build them a skatepark; i really hope that they get it. It is time to understand, that the new generations have a need for more diversity and that sport is not just a ball and a lot of guys running after it. The 70's are long gone, and skateboarders are not all criminal as people thought then; give the kids a chance to do what they really like and to get good at it. Stop complaining that kids today spend all their time sitting in front of a computer, or playing playstation and understand once and for all that maybe they have other needs that we had back then; you want them to go out, give them a reason for it!
 Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment