Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Portugal? or Ronaldo??

Being a portuguese outside Portugal is not easy sometimes!
When i meet someone new, you know small talk and all that, questions here and there and of course being a portuguese in a country where everyone is blond and white as bleach (some are orange, because of the solarium) a really normal question that always pops up is ; "Where're you from?" and when i answer they all go like this : "OOOOOHHHH Yeah Portugal!" and i think, "Nice, they know my country." but then after the exclamation always comes one name- Ronaldo.
 "Yes Ronaldo, but Portugal is not just Ronaldo you know?" and they say, "Oh yes i know, there was Figo too."
 And i give up and talk a little bit of football with them. I think it is amazing, a land that was owner of half the world, kings od the sea, european paradise, surf dreamland, amazing food, beautiful and kind people, Sunshine almost all year round, blá blá blá.... and all they know is Ronaldo. Come on!
 Next time they ask me where i come from, i am going to answer "I am from Ronaldo." maybe then they will go; "OOOOOOHHHH Yeah Ronaldo!- Portugal amazing country!"
 Peace!



4 comments:

  1. Great ;)))) I really enjoyed what you wrote;))) I couldn't agree more, except:kind people? The portuguese???C'mon...You can fool the danish or even fool yourself, but not me...By the way, one of the best sketches you've ever made but really: RONALDO STINKS......HE'S A GOOD PLAYER BUT A REALLY FUCKED UP HUMAN BEING...BLLLLLAAAAACCCCC...COF, COF, COF...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are at least as kind as any other people around the globe!! I have travelled a bit around Ana and believe me we are kinder than a lot of people :D But you know that!
    About Ronaldo well.... i don't know what to say, some people can't handle fame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I know that? Tell me all about it ;) Whenever I want to know me i usually ask you..lol...Well, I guess You could be right...Could...I guess, we're all the same shit, right? Or maybe i'm just an old bastard that nobody likes anyway, no matter where i go, people usually kick my ass. And the portuguese are as good kicking other people's asses as anyone else...

      Delete
  3. Well i guess that at kicking we are probably better than many... we are after all a football nation... Ronaldeses :D

    ReplyDelete